Friday, September 2, 2011

The Baking Bug Bit Me!

I've been wanting to bake all week, but wanted to get the house cleaned since my family is visiting this weekend. Today I made Pink Lemonade Cupcakes and sugar cookies so I could use my new cookie cutter in the shape of a cupcake. Here are the yummy goodies:
                                       


                                Pink Lemonade Cupcakes w/ Pink Lemonade Buttercream Frosting.


I found these babies while I was looking up different cupcakes and wanted to try them out cos who wouldn't love a pink cupcake! Unfourtantly I forgot to bookmark the recipe so a couple days ago I went looking for it again and all I was seeing were recipes where you used the frozen concentrate and we didn't have that we had the lemonade on the go packets for bottled water. So since I was unable to find the recipe for what I had I just decided to make a regular white cake and add the powder mixture to it. If you don't want to make the cake from scratch you can get the boxed cake mixture from the store and follow the instructions then just add the lemonade mixture to it. I used 4 packets, but you can use less or more depending on your taste preference. I baked these for 25-30 mins and let them cool while i started making the sugar cookies.


 I followed the sugar cookie recipe that's in my Better Homes and Garden's cook book and then iced them w/ red and white royal icing.
My husband sure loves these treats, hopefully my family will too! Now to figure out what to make for when they get here tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment