Saturday, September 3, 2011

Change of plans and the cupcake competitor.

My family was suppose to visit this weekend, but we got a call yesterday morning letting us know that they wouldn't be able to make it due to a flat tire and other things had came up, so that was a bummer. So we spent the day laying about here at the house, ran an errand then had to stop by one of my favorite stores...Pier 1!  Fell in love w/ a few pieces of furniture and some kitchen accessories which I might talk the hubby into getting, then it was back home for dinner.


After dinner, cleaning up and getting our little one to bed I decided to browse the net for baking recipes to try and came across the Whoopie Pie and the Macaron. I've been hearing and seeing a lot about Whoopie Pie, but nothing about the Macaron and was wondering what the heck they were, so I looked them up. While reading about these two new treats (new to me cos i really don't know anything about them.) I read something about how one of these could be the new cupcake? I don't know about that, but after seeing several pictures I think I may just want to try these out.




I just love the pops of color! 

No comments:

Post a Comment