Sunday, October 2, 2011

Welcome Fall!

Fall is one of my most favorite seasons. Love the changing of the leaves, drop in temperature, the smell of bonfires and chimenys, shorter days,big comfy blankets to cuddle under, visits to the pumpkin patch, pumpkin carving, holidays soon arriving, the flavors of fall....... Mmm. This year I plan to make a lot of fall flavored foods. One of my most favorites is pumpkin! I've been making a pumpkin soup for a few years now and its heaven! The first time I made it I wasn't so sure how it would taste, but it turned out so well that my husband asks for it each year. My aunt got me a pumpkin tourine last year for Christmas and I can't wait to  use it! Also looking forward to making Chicken and Dumplings. I remember my mum making it and the smell filling up the house, so warm and comforting.

What do you like about the season and what are your favorite cold weather comfort foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment