They turned out pretty good if I don't say so myself. Recipe does say it makes 2 dozen, but I got 40 cookies out of it.
3/4 cup butter.
2/3 cup brown sugar and sugar.
1 teaspoon hazelnut or almond extract.
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
2 1/2 cups flour.
1 teaspoon baking soda.
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1 cup white chocolate chips.
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
2 pounds high quality bacon, cooked and crumbled (about 2 cups)
1. cream together the butter, sugars, extracts and the eggs.
2. in another bowl sift together all dry ingredients.
3. add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and stir.
4. dough will be slightly soft . if you want a more cake like cookie add another 1/2 cup flour.
5. mix in the chocolate chips and bacon until well integrated.
5. place dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
7. take the dough and roll into balls, place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly w/ your fingers.
8. bake for about 8 mins or until dough turns golden brown, take out and let cool.
If you want you can make a glaze for these cookies. I didn't, but its your choice.
Ingredients for glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar.
1 tablespoon maple extract.
splash of shagbark hickory syrup (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
1. mix all the ingredients w/ enough water to make a thick glaze (about 3 tablespoons water). wisk until creamy and smooth.
2. spread a small amount on each cooled cookie and top w/ a piece of crisp bacon (1 inch piece)