Monday, November 14, 2011

What I've been up to today...

                                I wanted to make a center piece for Thanksgiving and here it is....
Very easy and simple. I used some leaves and berries that was left over from when I made my wreath and some apples. I got those salt and pepper shakers from Pier 1 for $8! Aren't they cute? After I made my center piece I went and
put some tea light candles into some glasses and then took left over flowers and placed them next to the glasses.


                                                   After that I made Apple Pie cookies!

I got the recipe here. Not a fan of apple, but these are delish! Thinking these are going to be gone w/ in a day or two cos my husband LOVES anything apple. Then for dinner I made Chicken and Dumplings....

I used the recipe in my Better Homes and Garden's Cook Book. Think it turned out pretty good for my first try. Still, nothing tastes the same from when your mum or grandmother does it. It has the certain "homey" and comforting taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment